We have bad news for gamers waiting for the Dead Space remake, the refreshed version of the classic science fiction horror. According to new reports, the game's release has been delayed.
Dead Space remake delay - what you need to know
Electronic Arts never officially announced the release date, but according to previous rumors the development team had been planning the game to debut in October this year. The source of both the previous and new reports is the usually very knowledgeable journalist Jeff Grubb from Venture Beat. Here are the key details.
- Plans for this year's release of the Dead Space remake will not be realized. The game will be released in 2023 at the earliest.
- This decision was taken in order to give the devs time to properly refine the project.
- The remake is supposed to look great - the quality of the project impressed the bosses of Electronic Arts, so the company does not want to risk with a premature release.
- The aim is for the team to match the quality of the Resident Evil 2 remake.
Interestingly, according to Grubb, if the remake of Dead Space is successful, we can expect next parts of the series. However, the journalist did not specify whether it's about refreshed versions of other parts of the series or completely new sequels. The success of the project may also increase Electronic Arts investment in single-player games.
The remake of Dead Space is coming to PC, Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5. Today there will be another stream hosted by the devs and we hope that during it we will see new gameplay footage. The broadcast will start at 10 am PT.
- Dead Space Remake - official website