- The organizers of E3 2021 have announced a dedicated web portal and app, which can be used to attend the event;
- They will give us the opportunity to watch the shows, access materials from the exhibitions, and much, much more;
- Registration is expected to start later this month.
Canceled for pandemic reasons, E3 2020 left a big gap in gamers' hearts that may be filled this year. This year's E3 2021 (June 12-15) will take the form of an online event, which will be possible to participate in via a special mobile app and a dedicated website - announced the organizers. American organization ESA responsible for the preparation of the fair has just shared the details of the entire event.
“From the moment we decided to host E3 virtually, we’ve been focused on providing an interactive experience for fans around the globe that goes beyond the typical livestream. The result is a bespoke online portal and app that will allow fans, media and industry professionals to have an E3 experience designed to run parallel to the four-day broadcast, laying the foundation for interactive E3 elements to continue beyond this year’s all-virtual show," said Stanley Pierre-Louis, ESA president and CEO.
Use of the website and app will be completely free, with registration expected to begin later this month. Using the aforementioned means will enable players to participate in the fair, giving them access to, among other things:
- Virtual exhibitor booths with content about their games,
- Broadcasts of major publisher demonstrations and various panel discussions,
- Special discussion forums, with commentary on current events.
Event participants will be able to create their own profiles, which they will personalize as they see fit. The platform is expected to be interactive - viewers will be able to participate in polls and various other activities. The hosts of the broadcast will be Alex "Goldenboy" Mendez, Jacki Jing and Greg Miller.
First, the app and website will be accessible to media members attending press screenings - this will happen on June 7. The virtual gates will open for everyone else on June 12, the day the show begins.