- Multiplayer beta of Halo Infinite has proven to be a huge success;
- On Steam alone, the game was launched by over 270,000 people;
- The title is also available through Xbox Game Pass - both on PC and Microsoft consoles.
The open beta for Halo Infinite's multiplayer mode kicked off yesterday. We didn't have to wait long for crowds of players to join the online competition. We already know that this was the biggest launch of an Xbox Game Studios title on Steam ever. At the peak moment of the day Halo Infinite was played by as many as 272 thousand people. The previous record holder was Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which attracted 161,000 players.
It's worth noting that the number provided above is just the tip of the iceberg. It applies only to Valve's platform, and the beta of Halo Infinite is also available on Xbox Game Pass, through which users can join the game not only on PC, but also on Xbox Series S/X and One. The number of active players may be much higher than the aforementioned 272,000. Unfortunately, we do not have access to such data.
More for You:
- Halo Infinite PC System Requirements
- Halo Infinite With Huge Visual Progress; Watch New Campaign Trailer
If you are interested in testing the multiplayer mode in Halo Infinite there is a manual available online explaining how to access the game. Additional argument in favor of this option is the fact that the progress made during the beta will be transferred to the accounts of players in the full release. Multiplayer will remain free and independent from the single-player campaign also after the game's official debut on December 8.