- Developer: ConcernedApe (Eric Barone)
- Publisher: ConcernedApe
- Genre: RPG and simulation hybrid
- Platform: Currently PC exclusive, but the developer plans versions for other platforms
- Release Date: God only knows
Eric Barone, creator of Stardew Valley, has finally revealed his new game. The project is titled Haunted Chocolatier and will let you take on the role of a chocolate shop owner living in a haunted castle.
During the game we will deal with running the business and improving the shop. We will have to collect ingredients and produce different kinds of chocolate. Our place will be located in the town and we will spend a lot of time developing relationships with the residents.
All this sounds very similar to Stardew Valley but in reality Haunted Chocolatier is to be a very different game. Much more emphasis will be put on combat. Using the portal in the castle, the player will be able to go to magical lands for rare ingredients.. In terms of gameplay the xpeditions will resemble an action RPG and will focus on clashes with monsters using melee and ranged weapons.
The key role is to be played by the castle and the ghosts that inhabit it. The creator emphasizes, however, that despite this Haunted Chocolatier will be a joyful and warm work. The game is to show the charms of everyday life and lift our spirits.
This is the end of the information provided by the creator. He explains that the process of creating the project is very organic and many of its elements are constantly evolving. Barone also revealed that this time he can count on more creative freedom. With Stardew Valley he felt limited by the genre formula, and while he has no regrets, he's been wanting to go wild creatively for a long time. Haunted Chocolatier is supposed to make it possible.
The game is still at an early stage of production, so it'll be a long time before we get to play it. Barone didn't reveal the release date. Haunted Chocolatier is currently only being developed for PC, but there are plans for other platforms as well. The author will probably use the help of other people in creating the ports.
- Haunted Chocolatier - official website
More for You:
- Stardew Valley Expanded Mod Patch Enables Support for SV Version 1.5
- Stardew Valley Remains Without Update 1.6 as Dev Focuses on New Game
- Stardew Valley Has a 'Secret' Convenience That was Overlooked by Players
- Stardew Valley Breaks New Activity Records With Patch 1.5
- Stardew Valley - game guide
- Stardew Valley - official website