Fans of Genshin Impact are looking forward to the huge patch 3.0, but you can't cheat math and they must first assimilate the contents of update 2.8, debuting today, called Summer Fantasia (and later still 2.9). It introduces a number of new features, led by another four-star character.
Shikanoin Heizou - as he named - is the first male character to wield Anemo and fight with a catalyst. The character's story background is given a closer look in the video below.
Like every patch for Genshin Impact, update 2.8 has brought a number of events. This time they include:
- Summertime Odyssey - consisting of five quests (the first, "Surfpiercer," will be made available on July 15);
- Resonating Visions - one of the rewards for completing it is the Ein Immernachtstraum skin for Fischl;
- Hangout Event: Shikanoin Heizou - an event dedicated to a new character (specifically, its first act, "Trap 'Em by Storm").
Details of these events, as well as the requirements to participate in them, can be found here.
Other new features
The website also describes other attractions that have come to Genshin Impact along with patch 2.8, the most important of which are:
- Available only until the end of patch 2.8 - i.e., for about six weeks - the Golden Apple Archipelago area, requiring at least account level 32 (Adventure Rank);
- Cursed Blade - a rather powerful four-star sword, whose "regular" charged and drop attacks deal additional area damage - as long as they reach the target (the effect can activate once every eight seconds);
- Kazuha's new story mission - "A Strange and Friendless Road";
- nine limited-time world quests and one added permanently;
- a unique skin for Diluc - Red Dead of Night.