On the latest State of Play we've seen the novelties to be introduced by a major update coming later today to Horizon Forbidden West. Here are some of the most important features:
- New Game+ mode.
- A new difficulty level for players looking for a real challenge.
- The ability to customize your armor to look like another outfit you already own. Transmogrification system).
- Re-distribution of skill points.
- A new vendor that trades items sourced from animals.
- Improved anti-aliasing for better image quality on PS5 and PS4 Pro.
- The developers have assured that they are working on a special graphics mode that will enable us to lock the frame rate at 40 fps, and support for variable frame rates.
Horizon: Call of the Mountain
A gameplay trailer from Horizon: Call of the Mountain was also shown (though no release date was announced), which will require a PlayStation VR2 for the PS5 console. We will play in it as a former member of the Shadow Carja.
- During the game we will encounter both new characters and those from previous installments of the series - including Aloy herself. We will also test the crafting system.
- Apart from the story campaign in the game there will be a river ride mode, which will enable us to sit in a virtual boat and relax, while admiring breathtaking views.
- Be careful though - uninvited machines may try to come on board.
- Horizon Forbidden West - official website