Battlefield 2042 has been released almost 2 years ago, though it is still being filled with new content. Recently, 6th season was made available for players entitled Dark Creations featuring, among others, new map Redacted. Of course, a lot of fresh content is locked behind paid battle pass, though there are also some free rewards for everyone. This update caused a huge spike in game’s popularity on Steam, almost matching the one from initial release. It is worth keeping in mind that those are only number of people enjoying the game on Valve platform, while there are other sources that are not tracked like EA App. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to play the game from the get-go, as some people have reported that their game is constantly validating. If you are affected by this, here you will get answers.
Battlefield 2042 constantly validating fix
People playing Battlefield 2042 on Steam might have encountered quite unpleasant situation, while trying to check out the new map and content. Their game keeps constantly validating not allowing to enjoy the production and check out the new additions.
Disheartened players affected by this problem have as always gathered on steam’s community hub to find solution. This time there was a thread already created by game’s community manager, who put forward an official solution. It also means that the studio is aware of this issue, and we can expect a resolution at some point.
The solution is as follows:
- Open the EA App,
- Click on the “hamburger” menu (three lines under each other) in the top left corner of the app,
- Select Help option and then click on App Recovery,
- Reload Steam and EA App.
The community manager ensured the fans that they are still working on more proper resolution. Unfortunately, this solution doesn’t seem to work for everyone, so players came up with their own workaround. If the official method didn’t work for you, try the following:
- Make sure to close Steam and EA App if opened,
- Navigate to the location where your game is installed in File Explorer (you can also right-click on the game in Steam’s Library, choose Manage and then Browse local files),
- Then choose go to the following folders - __Installer\Origin\redist\internal
- There, click on EAappInstaller,
- When the window appears, choose Repair option.
Clearing Steam’s and EA App cache is also something worth trying if previous methods still didn’t help. Make sure to relaunch both apps after doing so or completely reboot your computer. Hopefully this issue will be promptly solved by official patch from EA DICE.
If you would like to know more about Battlefield 2042, check also:
- Battlefield 2042 Season 6 Strikes Surprisingly Dark Tones
- Battlefield 2042 Will Get Redux Event Before Season 6
- EA Wants to Pump Enough Money Into Its Biggest Games to Grow IP on Par with Star Wars