author: Damian Gacek
Ixion - Layout Guide: Examples and Tips
In this article, we will tell you how best to lay out your buildings to make the most of the space. Take a look at our layouts.
Ixion is now firmly established on our computers. It has already attracted thousands of fans. It is a city-builder game, so of course the building aspect is very important. Unfortunately, the buildable terrain is severely limited and divided into sectors that need to be unlocked. So it is no wonder that players want to save space. In this article, therefore, we will talk about the layout issue.
Ixion: Layouts tips
- Match buildings in width and length – this is the basic principle of minimising loss of space. Construct buildings next to each other that fit together.
- Watch out for the entrances – the roads have to be led to each building, this causes some problems. First of all, you have to look at which side of the building has an entrance (you will recognise this by the little triangles). Some buildings have entrances on all sides, unfortunately most do not.
- Put buildings back to back – this is one way of reducing the need to put up roads. If you put buildings back to back, you will need fewer of them.
- Station edges are for space buildings – buildings that affect the outside of the station, such as the Probe Launcher, Docking Bay or Eva Airlock must be at the edge of the station. Keep this in mind when planning your base.
- You cannot obscure the sign with the sector number – unfortunately this means that you cannot place any building requiring access to space in the centre of the sector.
- Don't focus on specialisation – sectors can specialise depending on the types of buildings you build in them, most guides advise you to aim for this. However, do not let this be your first goal. Focus on ensuring that all citizens' needs are met. Only when this is provided, then you can start to specialise.
- Don't be afraid of dismantling buildings – the game returns all the raw materials from a demolished building. So feel free to experiment as much as you like. However, be careful not to mistakenly deprive yourself of a building essential to your survival.
Ixion: Layouts examples
We present to you an example of the layout of 2 sectors. As you can see, buildings of the same type are often placed next to each other. This is linked to a simple relation - they are easier to fit together. It is therefore advisable to plan certain “districts” with themed buildings in advance.
In addition, do not forget about the roads. Even the best layout of buildings will not be effective if goods have to travel a long way. It is therefore worth making shortcuts.
The building area is divided into sectors, which have to be unlocked. Each sector in turn consists of grids - 56 x 30. If you hover over a building in the construction menu, you will find an information on how much space it occupies in the top right-hand corner of its description.