author: Jacob Blazewicz
Lords of the Fallen Release Date; New Gameplay Coming Today [Update: Gameplay and Content]
The publisher of Lords of the Fallen has confirmed the game's release date. Later today we will see a new gameplay from the title.
Gameplay from Lords of the Fallen is now available. Hexworks and CI Games gave us a glimpse of the world of Mournstead (built using the Unreal Engine 5 technology) and the challenging gameplay in the two worlds, accompanied by Fear of the Dark by the band Iron Maiden.
By the way, the content of the three editions of Lords of the Fallen have been revealed, each of which includes the game (which, despite appearances, is not so obvious). The collector's edition will offer all these highlights plus additional extras, including a 25-centimeter Dark Crusader figurine.
The full contents of the two richer editions can be found below. In addition, each pre-order will provide access to digital bonuses - from exclusive armor colors (bronze, silver and gold) to useful items that will make the initial gameplay a little easier.
- A "Dark Crusader" starter class with a unique outfit (Isaac's long sword, throwing knives, a complete set of armor and an amulet).
- A 100-page digital artbook.
- Original digital soundtrack composed by Cris Velasco and Knut Avenstroup Haugen.
- 3D Model Viewer, enabling you to look at the game's characters up close.
Collector's Edition (available in physical edition only):
- Deluxe edition contents.
- 25-centimeter Dark Crusader figurine.
- Metal display case for the Dark Crusader figurine with multicolor LED lighting and remote control.
- Collector's steelbook.
- Double-sided poster and artwork cards.
Recent rumors have been confirmed. Later today we will see a new gameplay demonstration from Lords of the Fallen. The video will "debut" on YouTube and you will be able to watch it below. CI Games also revealed the game's official release date and pricing.
The developers from Hexworks didn't reveal anything more on social media, but one would have expected them to take this opportunity to reveal the release date. Only that CI Games didn't wait until 3 p.m. CET and gave the information now. Just as a recent leak suggested, Lords of the Fallen will debut on October 13 (via Polish Press Agency [in Polish]).
The publisher also announced the price of the three planned editions of the games.
- For the standard version, we will pay $69.99.
- For the Deluxe version, we'll pay an additional $10.
- The limited collector's edition, on the other hand, will cost $249.99.
Prices are expected to apply to all platforms, i.e. PC and Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 consoles. Pre-orders will begin today, presumably after the release of the gameplay.
The stock exchange announcement also mentioned today's gameplay show (via Investor Zone [in Polish]). The video is expected to last more than four minutes and the developers want to show "a lot more gameplay" in it. The footage will be complemented by background music by the band Iron Maiden. Marek Tyminski, president of CI Games, said the publisher wants to "boldly and innovatively promote the project, and among other things, this type of music genre is something new in dark fantasy games."
More for You: