The famous 4A Games, developers of Metro were bought by Embracer Corporation. It consists of several gaming groups, the largest of which is THQ Nordic, but the latest acquisition is to act as an independent team within Saber Interactive's structures.
4A Games employs a total of over 150 people in its Ukrainian and Maltese branches. The team is currently working on a new AAA IP and a high-budget online project, which is to be supported by Saber Interactive's experience gained through World War Z.
Of course, everyone is curious what this transaction means for the future of the Metro franchise. Its publisher is Deep Silver, which also belongs to Embracer Corporation. The press release said that the developer and publisher will continue to develop the series, which will traditionally be assisted by writer Dmitry Glukhovsky.
Let us remind that since last year we have known that 4A Games is working on the next installment of Metro. Fans should be reassured by the information that the acquisition will not affect this project in any way.
- Metro Exodus - game guide
Other acquisitions of the Embracer Group
It is worth adding that 4A Games is only one of several studios that Embracer has just acquired. The corporation has also bought the following companies:
- New World Interactive (Insurgency series),
- DECA Games (e.g. Realm of the Mad God),
- Palindrome Interactive (Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars),
- Pow Wow Entertainment (MisBits),
- Vermila Studios (Crisol: Theater of Idols),
- Rare Earth Games (the team has not yet revealed its debut game),
- Sola Media (including Moonbound and Dreambuilders animated films).
Some of these teams will be integrated with Saber Interctive structures and others with THQ Nordic.
Last update: 2020-08-13