Project Playtime was released in early access on PC (you can read about other platforms here). Unfortunately, the game proved not to be free of various bugs. Many players report that trying to change Resolution causes the game to stop working properly, others say they get a “Failed to Connect to Server” error. In this article we will talk about them.
Project Playtime: Resolution issues
We do not guarantee that the following solutions will work for you. Often these are unofficial fixes that have helped community members. Keep this in mind and remember that you use them at your own risk.
If you have experienced a problem when setting the resolution of your screen, we have a solution for you.
- First, search for %Appdata% in the start bar and select the search result.
- You will probably find yourself in the "Roaming" folder. Use the top address bar to navigate back to AppData and select Local.
- Now select the folder titled Playtime_Multiplayer and open Saved.
- Now click on the Config folder, then on WindowsNoEditor.
- Find the GameUserSettings file and change the ResolutionSizeX and ResolutionSizeY to match your monitor.
- Save your changes and start the game.
Project Playtime: Failed to connect to server
This error can primarily be caused by server failure. This is unfortunately beyond anyone's control. So check that if you see this message, doesn't it mean that the servers are having some problems. This happened quite often during the first hours after the launch.
If the servers are working, it is also worth bearing in mind the community warnings. Apparently, some time after the release, the quick play option did not work properly and caused various problems. So try searching for the game in the traditional way.
If the above does not help you either, then unfortunately I have some unpleasant news for you - so far no other method has been found to solve this problem. If one is found, we will try to update this article.