Our Remnant 2 guide will help you defeat powerful bosses and familiarize yourself with both basic and more advanced mechanics. Here you will find, among other things, useful tips and tricks, which will make starting your adventure with this game much easier. We will also present the basic archetypes that are available at the beginning of the game.
- Remnant 2: Guide content
- Remnant 2: Quick beginner's guide
- Remnant 2: Bosses
- Remnant 2: Game length
- Remnant 2: Language versions
- Remnant 2: Minimum PC system requirements
Remnant 2: Guide content
In our guide, we focus primarily on fighting the powerful bosses. The description of each boss has useful information that will help you defeat them. Our starting tips will help you better understand the rules of the game and introduce you to the basic mechanics. You will also learn about basic archetypes you can use, as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
Apart from the bosses and basics, you will also find appendix. It includes pages describing all supported languages as well as PC system requirements. You will also find out how much time it takes to complete Remnant 2, focusing on both the storyline and trying to get all the trophies.
Remnant 2: Quick beginner's guide
- Destroy fragile objects - as you traverse the game world, many times you will encounter various vases, crates, etc. It is worth destroying them with a melee attack or by rolling into them to obtain ammunition, consumables or money.
- Don't use up all your stamina - never exhaust your stamina bar, as it will need a moment to start regenerating. When the bar is almost empty, it's best to avoid actions that consume stamina.
- Aim for the weak spots - most opponents have them. In the case of basic enemies, it is most often their head or legs. When it comes to more powerful opponents or bosses, it's usually a characteristic point on the body.
- Save your ammunition - although you can get it in many ways, there is still a good chance that you will run out of it at a crucial moment of a fight. Eliminate weaker enemies with melee weapons if you can.
More useful tips can be found on a separate page: Tips and tricks.
Remnant 2: Bosses
In this chapter of the guide, you will find descriptions of all the bosses available in the game. We explain how to deal with them, we show their strengths and weaknesses, and we inform about the rewards for defeating them.
- Root Mantis - the first, tutorial boss, which you will defeat along with other characters controlled by bots.
- Mother Mind - in Yaesha, you can encounter Mother Mind, who can destroy the arena and kill you.
- Legion - an optional boss appearing in Yaesha, who imposes a unique madness status.
- Root Nexus - a structure that has a large health bar, guarded by regular enemies.
- Corrupted Ravager - one of the main bosses in Yaesha, whom you can fight if you made the right moral choice.
- Corruptor - one of the main bosses in Yaesha, accompanied by its guardian.
- Kaeula's Shadow - a tentacled boss in Yaesha fought on a flooded arena.
- Mantagora - an optional boss who's passive until the player attacks it. It appears in Yaesha.
- Defiler - an Aberration, who only spawns after you free the priest from the Root Nexus.
- Shrewd - the archer returning from the first game, encountered in Yaesha.
- The Weald Stalker and The Gnarled Archer - an Aberration duo, who can appear in different locations around Yaesha.
- Labyrinth Sentinel - a puzzle boss that appears in The Labyrinth.
- Magister Dullain - you can encounter him in Losomn, he can kill you with one move even if you have a lot of health.
- Gwendil The Unburnt - an optional boss in Losomn, mainly throws grenades and applies burning status.
- Faerin / Faelin - one of the two main bosses in Losomn. Who you will fight depends on your choice.
- Barghest the Vile - an Aberration dwelling in the Losomn sewers.
- Bloat King - a slime boss releasing vulnerable orbs, encountered in Losomn.
- Ripsaw - an optional boss and an Aberration. He fights using a chainsaw.
- The Nightweaver - one of the main bosses in Losomn. An agile, fast phantom capable of one-hit killing attacks.
- Abomination - a boss encountered in N'Erud, at The Putrid Domain.
- E.D. Alpha - an Aberration fighting with its robotic arms. It's located in N'Erud.
- Fetid Corpse - an Aberration-type boss, appearing in N'Erud. This is a better version of the basic zombie.
- Primogenitor - a parasite-boss that appears in N'Erud. It often enters the bodies of other hosts.
- Restless Spirit - a zombie-type encountered in N'Erud. This boss is one of the Aberrations.
- Sha'Hala: Spectral Guardian of N'Erud - one of the possible main bosses in N'Erud. It has many laser attacks.
- Tal Ratha (Metaphysical) - another main boss in N'Erud. You must let Tal Ratha swallow your character to access the fight.
- The Astropath - a cybernetic specter encountered in N'Erud.
- The Custodian's Eye - an observer robot that can change the shape of the arena. It appears in N'Erud.
- The Progeny - the final evolution of the parasites encountered in N'Erud.
- W.D. 109 - a robotic boss that attacks with a laser sword and a cybernetic shield.
- Annihilation - the final boss of Remnant 2, encountered on Root Earth, divided into three phases.
- Cancer - the first main boss of Root Earth, able to glitch out its moves.
- Venom - the second main boss encountered on Root Earth, who must die to unlock the battle against Annihilation.
- Bane - a secret boss encountered on Root Earth by using the Dreamcatcher weapon next to the Root Walker's corpse.
Remnant 2: Game length
Remnant 2 can be completed in 20 hours if players focus only on fighting the main bosses. The situation is different if you try to defeat all the bosses in the game. You can find more information on a separate guide page: Game length.
Remnant 2: Language versions
Remnant 2 is available in several languages.
Remnant 2: Minimum PC system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-7600 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 8 GB or AMD Radeon RX 590
- DirectX: version 11
- RAM: 16 GB
- Disk space: about 80 GB
More information about the recommended requirements can be found on a separate page of the guide: System requirements. Additionally, you will also find information there about whether the game is verified on Steam Deck.
About Remnant 2 Guide
Author : Dawid "DavideLi" Norkowski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Remnant II Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Gunfire Games
- publisher: Gearbox Publishing
- platform: PC, PS5, XSX