Cyberpunk 2077 didn't have an easy start, plagued by bugs and cut content that made the game not palatable to many players' tastes. Still, the metropolis presented in the game - the Night City surprises with its thought-out design and execution, and V's story can capture your attention for hours. We all hope that the upcoming patches and DLCs will at least partially bring this title to its previously announced state, but we shouldn't forget about the modding community - fan efforts have already saved the lives of many great productions.
Don't expect too much - at this point, Cyberpunk 2077 modding is in its early stages - don't expect large projects similar to ones seen in Skyrim or Gothic. Nevertheless, this doesn't mean that you won't find anything interesting. The present-day modifications focus more on small improvements and enhancements, but you have to admit that even mini-map improvements are something. Here is a list of the best modifications for Cyberpunk. Among others, we have facilitations, cheats as well as a handful of changes and new features. We didn't forget about graphics mods - you can find them here.
How to install mods (based on Cyber Engine Tweaks)?
There is no universal way to install mods for Cyberpunk 2077, but usually the matter is limited to moving files to the appropriate place in the game directory. There are also modifications that have their own installers. It should be noted that most of these applications (and certainly the more complex ones) require the CyberEngineTweaks tool to be installed. So if you are going to use mods, it is a good idea to install the mentioned plugin right away. Some modifications require CP77Toolsto be installed. You may also find the Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Manager useful - especially if you plan to install more than a few mods.
It is recommended that you make a backup copy of your game saves before modding. Even "clean" Cyberpunk 2077 has stability issues and can corrupt saves, so if you don't want to lose progress, visit C:\Users\[user_name]\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 and copy the contents of the folder to a safe place.
The best mods for Cyberpunk 2077
- Arasaka Appearance Updater - change the hero's appearance
- Save Editor - simple editing of game saves
- Str8up Menu - teleporting and stopping time
- All Cyberware and mods - have it the easy way
- Better Minimap - no more turning back
- Better Vehicle Handling - different vehicle handling
- Better Controls Menu - walk instead of run
- Arasaka Cyberarms - cybernetic blades
- Alternate Crowd Behavior - slightly smarter crowds
- Untrack Quests - disable task tracking
- CITY H4CK - samurai, you have a city to hack
- Cyberpunk Autonomous ReShade - True HDR
- JB - TPP MOD - third-person perspective view .
- Borderlandfy2077 - comic book graphics