Last month Battlefield 2042 received patch 4.0, The update however did not live up to the expectations of players, so let's see what the patch number 4.1 will offer. Will it appeal to Battlefield fans this time around?
Patch 4.1 to Battlefield 2042 - key changes
Update 4.1 is coming to the game today and will introduce a number of changes.
- The power of Boris' SG-36 sentry cannon will be reduced.
- Angel will no longer replenish armor plates using the supply bag.
- The recoil of basic weapons will be fixed, and the benefits of add-ons affecting recoil will be reduced.
- There will be a reduction in the number of players from 128 to 64 in Breakthrough mode, which is supposedly due to too much chaos on the battlefield. By reducing the number of soldiers, the gameplay will become more tactical and cooperative.
- Improvements to targeting assistance.
You can check the exact list of changes here.
The developers have also announced the first season. Its release is planned for early June. DICE promised to implement this feature to the game at the beginning of the year, but decided to postpone it due to the problems plaguing the game since its debut.
Battlefield 2042 is set to receive a new specialist, Battle Pass and new Portal mode content in its first season. The game will also come with new sights, which may be related to the upcoming Exposure map.
The developers promise the introduction of four seasons during the first year, and each is expected to consist of a new season pass, operator, and maps.
Last year it was reported about the division of Battle Passes into paid and free, but the developers did not specify this in the update notes.
Andrew Wilson, CEO of Electronic Arts, commented on the game:
"This is one of our best games, built by the most talented teams. Expectations will only grow, and the game itself will be a very important part of our portfolio for years to come."
What are your thoughts on the upcoming changes? Is the update likely to be positively received and will it make players return to the battlefield?