The Embracer Group has revealed its financial results. The latest report, in addition to revenue and profit figures, reveals a lot of other interesting information.
Nine AAA games planned for Gearbox
Let's start with the well-known Borderlands series from Gearbox, which was acquired by Embracer a year ago.
- Gearbox is expected to have nine AAA games in development.
- It was not made clear whether these are only games developed by the team by Gearbox Software or also those that Gearbox will only publish.
- It's possible that none of those nine games have been announced yet. Of the productions that are being developed at or will be released by the company, we know of Homeworld 3, Hyper Light Breaker, Relic Hunters Legends, Have a Nice Death, Eyes in the Dark: The Curious Case of One Victoria Bloom and Tales from the Borderlands 2, but none of these are likely to be described as "AAA".
Success of Evil Dead: The Game and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
The company also boasted about its recent successes.
- Evil Dead: The Game Within only five days from the release it sold over 500 thousand copies.
- In the case of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands no specific number was given, but it was reported that the game is selling better than forecast.
Elex 2 sales below expectations, but without tragedy
The first months of the year were not just an uninterrupted streak of success for the Embracer group.
- The company has admitted that Elex II has sold below expectations.
- Nevertheless, the project is selling at a steady pace and Embracer expects it to turn a profit over time.
The Embracer Group is one of the fastest growing entities in the industry, mainly due to numerous acquisitions. You can read more about it in our articles:
- Deus Ex and Tomb Raider Acquired Along With Creators by Embracer Group
- THQ Nordic and Gearbox Owners to Acquire 20 More Studios
- Embracer Group - official website