As announced today at 5 p.m. CET began a new episode of the Night City Wire series from studio CD Projekt Red. First, a great trailer starring Idris Elba was presented. Below you can watch English version.
Then Idris Elba focused a bit of the stry background of the Phantom Liberty expansion and analyzed the above trailer. This was followed by a brief introduction of three new radio stations and a track by Dawid Podsiadlo, which will be included in one of them. Finally, gameplay footage were presented, demonstrating the new mechanics with examples of three character builds. These are bullet-time ninja, hack-&-slash netrunner and savage slugger solo.
Finally the devs have given the release date for update 2.0 (see trailer above). It will be released on PC, PS5 and XSX/S on September 21. The patch will introduce the following:
- revised perk and skill trees;
- modified cyberware and a new system for limiting their cost;
- car combat system and chases;
- improved artificial intelligence of enemies;
- new police system;
- improved interface and "user experience";
- changes to rewards, items and crafting;
- previously unavailable radio stations - including Growl FM, consisting exclusively of songs composed by the community.
As a reminder, let me add that Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty will be released on September 26, 2023 exclusively on PC, PS5 and XSX/S - the DLC will therefore not hit the 8th-gen consoles for which the base game came out. Recently we learned how many GB of data you will need to download in order to install the expansion on PS5 - for now, however, it has not been confirmed whether this figure includes update 2.0.