During today's stream dedicated to Cyberpunk 2077 the devs presented patch 1.5 and a small DLC. Apart from that, information about the improvements for Xbox Series X|S and PS5 consoles was revealed and a free trial period was announced. Most importantly, however, all the news can be downloaded now.
Update 1.5 and DLC news
Content of Patch 1.5
The broadcast brought us information on what will appear in Cyberpunk 2077 after update 1.5. The most important changes include:
- Changes to character progression trees, including "rebalancing" and removing or reworking some skills. This change will require reassigning ability points;
- Improvements to the AI of NPCs. This will enable encountered characters to better react to our actions in the game;
- Revised first-person view while driving, and improvements to the driving model;
- Enhanced knife throwing mechanics;
- Increased number of interactions with the person your character has a romance with;
- Added bonuses for performing various activities. For example, sleeping will provide a bonus to the number of experience points.
There are also three small DLCs coming to the game. Their content is presented as follows:
- The first introduces new weapons and accessories for them. They will be unlocked after meeting with Takemura;
- The second introduces the ability to change our appearance during the game. To do this, we need to use a mirror;
- The third implements the option to buy new apartments and modify their appearance. The possibility to invest in real estate will appear after the meeting with Takemura. Along with the apartments, additional activities will appear, such as playing the guitar and lighting candles.
Most of the new features have hit all available platforms. Some of the improvements, however, are not available on last-gen consoles. This is shown in detail in the graphic below. The full list of changes can be found here.
Size of the update
Patch 1.5 weighs a lot indeed. In the case of PC and Xbox consoles, we need to download around 50 GB of data. On the PS4, on the other hand, we will have to download as much as 99 GB. Keep in mind that the patch will be downloaded automatically on most platforms. Only on PS5 you have to do it manually by downloading an upgrade from the PS Store, which weighs about 55 GB.
Improvements on Xbox Series X/S and PS5
Yesterday there were rumors that during the show we will ge to know the details of the update for Xbox X|S Series. As it turns out, they were true and during the broadcast a gameplay recording from Microsoft's console was presented. There was also gameplay from the PS5 version. Both videos can be viewed below.
At the same time it was announced that a free trial version has become available on next-gen consoles, enabling us to plaY Cyberpunk 2077 for 5 hours.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review - Samurai, You've Got a Great RPG to Play!
- Cyberpunk 2077 - game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 - official website