IN A NUTSHELL:
- Modders unlocked some interesting options in the EA version of BG3;
- We have, among others, the option to play some of the ready-made characters or a mind flayer, a better-looking map and the possibility to make minor changes in the gameplay mechanics.
Several days ago, Baldur's Gate III debuted in Steam's Early Access. For now, players can check out the first chapter, and some of the content is blocked - for example, the possibility of playing the so-called Origin Characters (we are talking about characters created by the developers, which in early access can only be recruited to the team). It turns out, however, that a few additional things may be enabled thanks to mods.
For example, modder AlanSP managed to find a way to unlock this option to play one of the characters created by Larian - Origin Character Unlocker mod is used for this. Custom Character Enhancer offers additional options for customizing our character's appearance, Crispy Map increases the resolution of the game map, and Life Domain and Light Domain enable us to change the specialty of party's cleric, Shadowheart. There's also something for those who don't like fire damage - Fair Fire counts them at the end rather than the beginning of the turn (so we have time to drink a healing potion for example).
There's no shortage of weirder discoveries, such as playable Mind Flayers, or a sword upgrade for one of the heroes. A list of the most interesting mods can be found below.
Best mods for Early Access BG3
- Crispy Map
- Custom Character Enhancer
- Fair Fire
- Life Domain
- Light Domain
- Origin Character Unlocker
- Playable Mind Flayer Race
- Sword of Justice Extreme Edition
Baldur's Gate III is currently only available on PC. After leaving early access, the game will also debut on the Google Stadia platform.
- Baldur's Gate 3 in Early Access - Visiting Construction Site of Fantastic RPG
- Baldur's Gate 3 Preview – Just Let Me Gather the Party!
- Baldur's Gate 3 - game guide
- Baldur's Gate III - official website