Grand Theft Auto 6 has not yet been officially revealed, and it is already one of the most anticipated upcoming games. Therefore, we welcome all pieces of information about this project with great interest. The latest come from a conversation with investors that Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick held while discussing Take-Two Interactive's financial results.
- He confirmed that work on GTA 6 is at an advanced stage.
- Zelnick also stated that Rockstar Games has ambitions to make Grand Theft Auto 6 set new standards not only for the series, but also for the entire game industry and even for all entertainment industries in general.
So this isn't any surprising information, but we're so starved on the subject that it's better than nothing.
More on GTA 6:"
- Finally Something Solid on GTA 6; Jason Schreier Provides Details
- GTA 6 Could Have Had 3 Cities and 4 Characters Before Rockstar Started Cuts
In most cases, companies boasting that their next game will set new standards for the industry would be considered overconfident, but Rockstar Games has done this several times in the past. The team's reputation is such that many people would be disappointed if GTA 6 had not overtaken all the competition in the open world category.
Recall that currently Grand Theft Auto 6 is an absolute priority for Rockstar Games. The studio has finished with the development of Red Dead Redemption 2 and was about to abandon plans to develop an improved version of RDR2 for next-gen consoles, as well as remasters of GTA 4 and the first RDR.
According to recent reports Grand Theft Auto VI will launch no sooner than 2024.
- Rockstar Games - official website