A few hours ago the Need for Speed channel on Discord has posted a new unofficial video (available below) showing gameplay from the unannounced racing mobile game, reminiscent of the 2019's Need for Speed: Heat. The revealed game is allegedly another spin-off of this popular series prepared for smartphones and tablets and the Asian market.
What is the Asian cousin of NfS: Heat?
According to admin of the aforementioned Discord server, the game is to debut in free-to-play model and is being developed by the Chinese company Tencent (the rights to the brand are held by Electronic Arts).
- Untitled mobile NfS is most likely based on the Unreal Engine 4 technology and should be released late this year.
- In game we will supposedly race through a modified version of the Palm City from Need for Speed: Heat. It will also include some music tracks from that installment.
- According to a post from Reddit community GamingLeaksAndRumours, at this point there are only three cars in the spin-off: the McLaren F1, the Lamborghini Aventador SVJR and the Lamborghini Gallardo. This will obviously change by the release.
- The author of the entry also claims that the game will lack police and story mode.
- The driving model is to resemble the one from the free, Asian market-only game Need for Speed: Edge (servers for this game have been closed in 2019).
Need for Speed 2022
It is worth mentioning that in a few months we will also see the next full-fledged installment of Need for Speed. We should expect it in last quarter of this year. This game is going to be available on PC, Xbox Series X/S and PS5.
- Need for Speed: Heat - official website