IN A NUTSHELL:
- CS:GO has received another update;
- The patch introduces an experimental performance enhancement feature on PCs with low VRAM or integrated GPUs;
- The patch also adds stickers associated with the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
Yesteday, a new patch for the popular FPS Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was released, fixing a number of bugs, as well as introducing new features and changing the balance of the game.
Better performance on older PCs...
The most serious of the introduced changes concerns the games graphic engine, which should now work slightly better on older computers. The patch will primarily help users of graphics cards with less than 4GB of VRAM and integrated GPUs.
The experimental feature is called "Texture Streaming" and concerns how the game's textures are loaded. When enabled, some of them will only be loaded to memory when needed, which, according to developers, should result in significant VRAM savings and better performance.
...and something for Warhammer 40,000 fans
The patch also introduced a small curiosity to the in-game shop, which may be of interest to Warhammer 40,000 fans - stickers referring to various factions and characters known from this characteristic universe. Below are some graphics presenting all the novelties.
For a complete list of fixes and changes in the latest update for CS:GO see the patch notes.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - official website
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - game guide