- Online F2P shooter set in a modern conflict;
- Developed by The Farm 51 (Painkiller Hell & Damnation, Deadfall Adventures);
- PvPvE gameplay, tight cooperation between players;
- Real-life locations, multiple playable nations, authentic gear and military tactics;
- Planned to release in late 2017 or early 2018.
The studio that gave us Painkiller Hell & Damnation and Deadfall Adventures, Polish developer The Farm 51, announced World War 3 – a free-to-play online FPS set in a modern-day global conflict. The developers say they started a partnership with Polish Armaments Group and did a thorough research into military industry, which is to result in meticulous accuracy when it comes to modern military gear and tactics. They promise to introduce innovative ways of interacting with players and strategic planning within team, and they highlight that cooperation between players is essential.
Players will join armies of multiple nations from all over the world and fight against one another in real-life locations in battles of both infantry and combat vehicles. Apart from intense PvPvE gameplay the game is to sport realistic graphics powered by Unreal Engine 4 – the Technology used in such games as Fable Legends, Street Fighter V, and Kholat.
World War 3 development is estimated to take two more years, which means the game will be ready in late 2017 or early 2018. No platforms were actually mentioned, but we can be almost certain that PC will be among them. Currently the developer is also working on Get Even.