- It's an indie RPG about the adventures of the rat king Redgie, who is tasked with chasing the cruel Frog Clan out of his kingdom;
- The adventure will take place in a hand-drawn world, inspired by the Middle Ages, in two dimensions;
- The combat will be demanding, brutal, with a system of difficult bosses and different styles, depending on the weapons and armor worn by the player;
- The game will be released later this year on all major platforms: PS4 and PS5, Xbox Series and One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Ogg Bug Studio is responsible for the title, and it will be published by United Label, an indie game publishing platform owned by CI Games. In Tails of Iron we play as Redgie, the heir to the Rat Throne and our task is to restore order in the kingdom plagued by the Frog Clan led by the merciless Greenwart. The visuals are hand-drawn, referring to the medieval age and presented in two dimensions.
The developers promise, among other things, combat inspired by the Souls series and crafting system, allowing for the creation of new equipment from blueprints. In addition, we will not be doomed to wander alone - Redgie may be joined by various companions who will support him in battle and offer anecdotes when necessary.
For the first impressions of the gameplay we'll probably have to wait a bit. The trailer released today on the web enables us to get acquainted with the gist of the story and the game's visual style..
If while watching the above trailer you had a feeling of interacting with something familiar, you were right. Those who have played The Witcher 3 will surely remember Doug Cockle's voice for a long time. It's the voice of Geralt of Rivia who will narrate Redgie's adventures.
Tails of Iron will be a project with the biggest development budget in United Label's offer. The game will have a marketing support matching its scope, which - as the publishers promise - will be closer to the AA titles than to typical indies.
Redgie will visit all major platforms: PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox Series and One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The release is scheduled for this year.
- The Best RPG Companions and Squad Members
- Tails of Iron - official website