Do you still remember the warmly received The Vanishing of Ethan Carter from 2014? The studio responsible for the game - Warsaw-based The Astronauts - finally returns with the dark fantasy shooter Witchfire.
As the game will debut in early access on Epic Games Store tomorrow, the developers have decided to share its system requirements.
Witchfire - minimum requirements for PC
- Operating system: Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K (3.5 GHz and four cores)
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- RAM: 8 GB
- Downloadable file size: 28 GB
Witchfire - recommended requirements for PC
- Operating system: Windows 10 or later (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 (2.8 GHz and six cores)
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
- RAM: 16 GB
- Downloadable file size: 28 GB.
The official requirements on Epic Games' website, however, lacked a mention of whether Witchfire will require an SSD drive.
As with The Astronauts' previous work, Witchfire uses the technique of photogrammetry, that is, accurate scans of existing locations and objects. Thanks to this technique, the title will offer almost photorealistic visuals.
DLSS and lowered viewfinder
The title is expected to offer owners of the latest Nvidia GPUs additional performance and low latency thanks to DLSS 3.0 and NVIDIA Reflex.
Interestingly, in the game options will find setting to adjust the position of the viewfinder (centered or lowered).
Consoles, exclusivity and launch time
Witchfire will be released tomorrow - exactly at 4 p.m. CET - exclusively on PC and will remain an EGS exclusive for about a year. After that time, it will leave early access and go to Steam and, in the long run, also to consoles.