The Age of Wonders 4 guide will help you familiarize yourself with the basics of the game's mechanics, learn about the races, cultures, units present in the game and ensure your success in building your kingdom. Here you will find tips and tricks, a walkthrough for the campaign, learn how to create factions and realms . You will check what languages the game supports, and whether your PC will run the game on the lowest settings.
- Age of Wonders 4: Guide content
- Age of Wonders 4: Quick beginner's guide
- Age of Wonders 4: Basics
- Age of Wonders 4: FAQ
- Age of Wonders 4: PC system requirements
- Age of Wonders 4: Game length
- Age of Wonders 4: Language versions
Age of Wonders 4: Guide content
On the first pages of the Age of Wonders 4 guide you will find information about the campaign, pantheon, creating factions and realms, victory conditions, affinities, and learn how do the Books of Magic work.
On the following pages of the guide, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions, how to use spells and how to research miracles. You will be presented with all the races in the game and their units. In the next part, you will learn about the technical aspect of the game, system requirements, language versions, expected play time and much more.
The last part of the guide is an appendix, in which you will find all the important technical aspects of the game: system requirements, language versions, game's length.
Age of Wonders 4: Quick beginner's guide
In this part of the guide, you will find basic tips that will help you in the game. The tips below will help you better navigate the campaign map and help your kingdom operate more effectively at the strategic level. You will also find tips for battles, i.e. the tactical level. In the game, each army can consist of up to 6 units.
- Keep your warehouses full. Maintaining units costs gold, so make sure not to spend more gold and other resources than your empire produces.
- Recruit scouts. Thanks to the many scouts that you can also use in the auto-exploration mode, you will gain valuable information about the lands around you, allowing you to plan your next moves faster.
- Look for ancient ruins and free cities. Ancient ruins will give you additional bonuses in the form of city or unit income. Free cities may become part of your empire in the future - you can convince them to join you through diplomacy or conquest.
- Use the terrain. During a battle on the tactical map, take advantage of the terrain that will protect your units from the unexpected attack of superior enemy forces.
- Prioritize the targets of your magic attacks. Don't waste your spells on weak enemy units. You should also observe which allied units need regeneration and protection spells.
- Pay attention to the placement of your units. Some magic attacks have an AoE effect. Be careful not to place your units too close to each other, otherwise they will become a good target for the enemy's spells.
More useful starting tip can be found on the Tips and tricks page.
Age of Wonders 4: Basics
- Creating realms - on this page of the guide you will find a full description of creating your own realms.
- Realm traits - here we have described every trait you can choose for your realm.
- Victory conditions - on this page of the guide you will find a full description of the conditions for winning the game.
Age of Wonders 4: FAQ
Chapter in progress.
Age of Wonders 4: PC system requirements
Thanks to the list below, you can check if your PC will run Age of Wonders 4 on the lowest settings.
- Operating system. Windows 10 Home 64-bits
- Processor. Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- Graphics card. Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) or AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or Intel Arc A380 (6GB) or Intel Iris Xe G7 (Tiger Lake) or AMD Radeon Vega 8
- RAM. 8GB
- Disk space. 20GB
More information can be found on the System requirements page.
Age of Wonders 4: Game length
If you are looking for information on the campaign duration in Age of Wonders, you can find this information on the Game length page. We have included information about how much time you will need to complete the game's campaign.
Age of Wonders 4: Language versions
The Language versions guide page contains a list of all languages supported by AoW4. On this page, you will find information on how to change the language in the game.
About Age of Wonders 4 Guide
Author : Cezary "Cezary" Rogala for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Age of Wonders 4 Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Triumph Studios
- publisher: Paradox Interactive
- platform: PC, PS5, XSX
More About Age of Wonders 4
In May, no one should complain about lack of new games to play. The month is filled with releases, with the loudest games of the year still to come! Choose wisely, because, as the weather gets better, it's also worth to spend time outside!