developer: Creative Assembly
publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet
game language: English
game release date for PC:
A sun rises above the 16th century Japan, caressing cherry blossoms with its rays. It is not a peaceful time, though, for 16th century Japan is a war-ravaged country, torn by infighting of ruthless magnates, obsessed with their hunger for power and the title of Shogun.
As a head of an ancient house and a leader of a clan, you develop your province in order to secure bigger influence in the aforementioned Asian land. Lead an army of loyal samurais, train infallible Ninja shadow warriors, improve provincial buildings and raise your successors. This epic strategy game with real-time and fully 3D battles is an unforgettable adventure. Become an all-powerful Shogun!
- Incredibly enthralling strategy game set in the ancient Japan.
- Revolutionary engine that combines the unseen ultra-detailed battlefields with advanced 3D techniques.
- Flexible camera that allows to inspect the battlefield in detail.
- Turn-based game with real-time battles.
- Armies comprised of thousands of units.
- A number of factors that decide the result of every battle, such as leadership, formation, morale, fatigue, terrain, weather, fortifications and so on.
- 100 percent of realism. 16th century Japan with all of its distinguishing features.
- Incredibly polished multiplayer mode.
- Clan wars, trading with foreigners, hard negotiations with heads of other families, everlasting armaments race.
Game score 8.175 / 10 calculated out of 1007 players' votes.
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium II 300 MHz, 64 MB RAM, graphic card