ANTHHEM IN A NUTSHELL:
- Developer: BIoWare
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Genre: looter shooter
- Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One
- Release date: February 22, 2019
A week ago (two weeks, if you count early access) Anthem, the cooperative looter shooter created by BioWare, made its debut on the market. Unfortunately, the production struggles with a number of problems. One of the things often criticized by the fans is the equipment system, and more specifically the uninteresting gear dropping from enemies. It turns out that the creators are planning significant changes in this respect.
What will change in Anthem's equipment system?
Details of the upcoming update are presented in a note published in the game section of the Reddit forum. The most important changes are:
- Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on;
- If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise the inscription will provide a Javelin-wide benefit;
- For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build);
- We have reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers; Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players;
- Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables.
According to the information provided by the developer, the patch should be released today. Yesterday a hotfix was released, which included some of the planned changes (reducing the requirements for masterwork crafting) - it remains to be hoped that another patch will hit the servers by the evening.
We would like to remind you that Anthem is available on PC as well as on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Anthem - official website