From tomorrow until September 20, all eager owners of PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S will be able to participate in the open beta of Call of Duty: Vanguard. However, those who pre-ordered the game on PC and Microsoft consoles (and owners of Sony platforms) can test it from yesterday. So some people are already playing, and some are going even further. They dig through the beta files and find quite interesting data in them.
Keep in mind, however, that these reports are by no means official and there is no certainty that this is exactly how all the content will look like in the release version of Vanguard. Some things may be cut, some may be added, and some may be renamed.
Let's start with the thing which for many fans of the Call of Duty series is a secondary element, but it also has its audiences. We're talking about the single-player campaign. In the beta files, data miners managed to find probable names of individual missions (via Reddit):
- Numa Numa Trail
- The Battle Of El Alamein
- The Battle of Midway
- The Fourth Reich
- The Rats of Tobruk
- Operation Tonga
- Lady Nightingale
They all refer to actual events and locations from World War II. What do they tell us? That we'll be visiting quite a bit of the world in the game - from Pacific islands to Europe to Africa.
Let's move on to the multiplayer mode. The users found the names of more than 20 maps in the files, which will probably appear in the full version of the title. It's worth noting that some of them will be remakes of maps present in Call of Duty: World at War. Here's the list (some of the items on it were already known):
- Castle - WaW Remake
- Das Haus
- Dome - WaW Remake
- Desert Siege
- Gavutu 2? (possibly a night variant)
- Hotel Royale
- Red Star
- Sub Pen (possibly WaW Remake)
- Train Yard
The names of probable new gameplay modes were also revealed. These are, in turn:
- Arms Race
The users also managed to find the names of six operators along with the tools which they will use to perform executions. Here's the crew:
- Beatrice - executions using a cleaver
- Constanze - executions using a mace
- Solange - executions using an axe
- Shigenori - executions using katana
- Padmavati - executions using a machete
- Halima - executions using a Bilao
Finally, the names of two yet unknown bonuses for achieving killstreaks were also found. The first is Air Superiority. Activating it summons air strikes on three automatically targeted locations on the map (all other active air actions are stopped during this time). The second one is known as Local Informants and enables you to temporarily reveal the position of all enemies on the map.
Some other interesting information about Call of Duty: Vanguard multiplayer is the fact that the first competitive season is set to launch on November 23. More details about it are not known, but it is possible that it will introduce four more operators - Lewis, Francis, Isabella and Liu.
The Call of Duty series is also known for its Zombie mode. It will appear in Vanguard as well. According to data found in the beta, it will be called War of the Dead. The systems of PaP, armor, item crafting, etc. known from Cold War will return. Perks have been renamed to Demonic Fountains and Combat Enhancements to Artifacts. New features will include Convenants, which will most likely enable us to take on up to three challenges with rewards for completing them, and Sacrificial Hearts.
Players have also dug into the nine Zombie Mode achievements that are set to appear in Call of Duty: Vanguard. Here's their list along with descriptions:
- Baker's Dozen - in War of the Dead sacrifice 13 hearts
- As Cold As Ice - In War of the Dead, melee eliminate 10 zombies that have been slowed by the Frost Blast artifact.
- Deal With The Devil - Equip 3 Covenants in War of the Dead.
- Death Dealer - Eliminate 2500 zombies with level 3 weapons in War of the Dead.
- Escape Artist - In War of the Dead while using Aether Shroud artifact, activate it 5 times with less than 25% health.
- Grim Reaper - Eliminate 10000 zombies in War of the Dead.
- Hot Tempered - In War of the Dead, eliminate 10 zombies taking damage from Ring of Fire artifact.
- Shocking Behavior - In War of the Dead, eliminate 10 zombies that were injured by the Energy Mine artifact.
- Thirst Quencher - In War of the Dead, drink from all 5 Demonic Fountains in one session.
Will all these leaks and speculations turn out to be true? And what else will be in the full version Call of Duty: Vanguard? The answers to these questions will be known on November 5, when the new game by Sledgehammer Games will debut on the market.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard - official website