author: Hubert Sledziewski
Diablo 4 Beta Issues - Queues, Code 34203, Game Not Working and More
Early access to the Diablo 4 beta has launched, and as you might have guessed, there are plenty of problems.
UPDATE - CHARACTER DELETION
The players - including some of our readers - report that characters created as part of the beta of Diablo IV are being deleted after disconnecting from the game and/or due to various bugs. For now, Blizzard has not made any announcement on the matter, but - as these are "only" tests - it's hard to expect the deleted characters to be restored.
Beta of Diablo IV has taken off - sort of, as comfortable gameplay is probably impossible for now. Players are complaining about long queues and numerous bugs. Below you will find a list of the most frequently reported problems.
Diablo 4 beta - problematic launch
Many players report that they keep seeing the "Play" button in Battle.net grayed out. It is recommended to restart the application to solve this problem.
Then, in turn, you have to expect to stand in the queue for the server. This was to be expected, although there are times when players can't log into the server even after the indicated time. Blizzard recommends patience and holding off on closing the app until you can play - otherwise the queue will surely be reset.
Diablo 4 beta - bug 34202
In addition, many people are encountering the following message:
"Game servers are not available. Please try again later (Code 34202)."
As Diablo IV requires a constant connection to the Internet, when seeing this message, you will not be able to play. Worse, you're unlikely to remedy it, as the fault probably lies with Blizzard. While you can make sure your connection is stable or check your drivers for updates, but don't count on much.
Diablo 4 beta - other known bugs
Blizzard preceded the start of beta testing with the publication of a list of issues, which are known to the developer and which the team has not yet managed to solve.
- If the intro cutscene is launched during the in-game day, the shadows of the player's character and the accompanying NPCs will begin to flicker. This condition will persist until the prologue ends. The error will not occur if the cutscene is skipped.
- The internal voice chat does not work properly.
- Optimization leaves much to be desired - especially on older hardware, i.e. on weaker computers, as well as PS4 and XOne consoles.
- The "Play" button visible on the character screen does not work.
- If the other player wants to join in the couch co-op mode, and already has a character created, he or she may encounter problems.
DIABLO IV BETA MICROSUMMARY
All the most important information about the open beta test of Diablo IV - both the ongoing early access phase and the proper one, which will start on March 24 - can be found here.