Funcom - known mainly from Conan Exiles - has announced on its website that it is currently working on an open-world multiplayer survival game set in the universe of Dune, specifically on the planet Arrakis. The release date and target hardware platforms have not been announced.
- From the studio's announcement we can deduce that the project will be released on current-gen consoles (and most likely on PCs).
- Meanwhile, descriptions of one of the company's job advertisements suggest that the title is being powered by the Unreal Engine technology.
- Work on the game began probably in late 2019.
- Everything indicates that this survival Dune game is being developed by studio Nukklear, creators of last year's Comanche.
Dune: Spice Wars
It is also worth mentioning the strategy game Dune: Spice Wars from Shiro Games, which is published by Funcom. This game is avaible for testing in early access since a few weeks. The release of its full version is planned for next year. For now, the title is available only on PC.
- Funcom - official website