At the end of July, Netflix announced a prequel pf The Witcher, titled Blood Origin. The six-episode series, which takes place 1,200 years before the events of the main series, will tell the story of the first ever witcher, in which, according to unofficial information, we will see Jason Momoa. Yesterday, Declan de Barra, the showrunner of the series, posted on Twitter a photo from the first meeting of the scriptwriters. Redanian Intelligence managed to identify eight out of nine people visible on the photo.
The identified scriptwriters are:
- Declan De Barra - the showrunner himself, he has scripted the fourth episode of the first season of The Witcher(Of Banquets, Bastards and Burials), he also worked on Iron Fist, The Originals and Roy;
- Kirsten Van Horn - producer and screenwriter known for such titles as Snowpiercer, Krypton, Berlin Station and Mistresses;
- Aaron Stewart-Ahn - director and cinematographer known primarily for his work on the screenplay for Mandy directed by Panos Cosmatos with Nicolas Cag in the lead role, and he also provided voice to passers-by in Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony;
- Alex Meenehan - scriptwriter who has worked on Amazon's Bosch and Disney's Marvel's Moon Knight;
- Tania Lothia - screenwriter known from Swamp Thing and Carnival Row;
- Pooja Gupta - producer, screenwriter and director of such works as Married at First Sight: The First Year, Tamra's OC Wedding and Mary Mary;
- Tasha Huo - screenwriter known from Women in the Dirt: Landscape Architects Shaping Our World and Black Belle;
- Troy Dangerfield - actor and screenwriter of Tokens and assistant executive producer of Castle, in The Witcher: Blood Origin he will act as assistant screenwriter.
The release date of The Witcher: Blood Origin and cast details are not yet known.
- Netflix - official homepage
- The Witcher on Netflix
- The Witcher Netflix Series Season 1 Review - Netflix Delivered!
- 10 Things Netflix has to Improve in The Witcher Season 2