IN A NUTSHELL
- Reddit user Gunflyzegaming discovered an interesting glitch in GTA Online that enables us to become immortal.
- The person using the glitch is invulnerable to attacks from other players and most NPCs, and the car they are driving is indestructible.
- The player can't kill other players either.
- Unlike the passive mode (which is already implemented in GTA Online), the player can use weapons and perform VIP missions.
One Reddit user managed to discover an interesting bug in GTA Online from Rockstar Games. It turns out that the multiplayer mode for GTA 5 has a glitch that makes the player almost immortal. In the post Gunflyzegaming describes how to trigger the glitch. As commentators note, this is a kind of passive mode (which is officially implemented in the game), but with a few extra bonuses.
The passive mode in GTA Online enables players to travel safely through the city and surrounding area without fear of being killed by other players (being resistant to all kinds of conventional damage). However, there are some limitations. The person using this option is not allowed to use weapons, perform some mission (e.g. VIP), or take part in some events.
How to replicate the bug - step by step instructions
To use glitch, we first need to take a few quite specific steps:
- Find someone who uses a different shooting model than yours, or change it yourself (free aiming vs. assisted aiming). This is important for a later stage.
- Go to an Ammu-Nation weapons store.
- Approach the armor exhibition.
- Join a player with the opposite type of controls to yours, accept and then quickly leave the team.
- In the quick selection menu, choose to kill yourself.
- The moment we see our character pull out the pills, we should once again join with someone with a different aiming model. Once again, we should "accept" and "reject" the joining, and then start spamming the interaction button. At this point, the player should be in the armor menu, and our screen will take on black and white.
- Now simply wait for the game to teleport us out of the store.
- Immortality is on.
Advantages and disadvantages of the glitch
Surely such a glitch has its advantages. In contrast to the passive mode, it enable us to perform VIP missions without the risk of someone killing us. Additionally, the immortality mode is also transferred to the vehicles we use. However, there are limitations - while other players can't do anything to us, we can't kill them either (which, by the way, is fair). However, be careful, some NPCs (e.g. cops) can still hurt us.
Those willing to take advantage of the bug should probably hurry, because the developers will certainly do their best to eliminate it as soon as possible.
Last update: 2020-07-07