Bringing good news for gamers who are waiting for the announcement of the remake of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Popular industry insider Tom Henderson reports that the refreshed version of the game will not be a PlayStation 5 exclusive, as suggested by earlier rumors.
- The game is expected to be released on PC, PS5 and XSX/S.
- According to Henderson, it will be announced the day after tomorrow at the PlayStation Showcase - when we are expected to see a trailer without gameplay.
But before you open the champagne, it's worth noting that Henderson wrote about the remake's lack of exclusivity in a general sense, without mentioning its potential temporariness. What follows, three scenarios are still possible:
- Either the game will be released simultaneously on all the aforementioned platforms;
- or it will come out on PS5 first, and only later on PC and XSX/S (the possible announcement of the game at the PlayStation Showcase makes this version of events more likely);
- or the remake of MGS3 will only be a PS5 exclusive - this would mean that it will be released on PC and PlayStation 5 first, and on XSX/S a few or several months later.
The community seems to interpret Henderson's words in the first of these ways (while also calling Jez Corden, the source of the earlier rumors, into the discussion), but for now it is impossible to rule out the others. Let's hope that on Wednesday - i.e. after the PlayStation Showcase - the situation will be clear.