A few days ago we informed that the highly acclaimed Raft will receive a big update on June 20, introducing a lot of changes both in the story and the gameplay. As it turned out, the developer didn't throw words to the wind - the fresh update called The Final Chapter transforms the game.
With great update comes great popularity
Taking into account Raft's current activity stats on Steam, we can say that all the work that Redbeet Interactive put into the patch was not in vain, because yesterday, the game was launched by more than 66 thousand people. At the time of writing the number of players remains at about 35 thousand., which is also a great result. For comparison Raft is currently more popular than FIFA 22, Elden Ring or Red Dead Redemption 2.
Selected new features from The Final Chapter
It is also worth taking a closer look at The Final Chapter update. Below you can see some elements of what Redbeet studio prepared for us.
- Three locations have been added, including an arctic base.
- New enemies such as frogfish, polar bears and hyenas have been introduced.
- Added 4 playable Rifter characters.
- 30 alternative outfits for the characters have been created.
- Trading posts have been prepared on most of the large islands.
- Added a ton of tools, including a juicer, electric grill, and refrigerator.
- Voiceover for all story notes implemented.
The Final Chapter is not only additions, but also an impressive list of fixes to the game. Below I mention only a few of them.
- Fixed an issue with the metal detector.
- Fixed the disappearing animals.
- Bug with joining pipes fixed.
- Fixed typos in texts.
- Seagulls don't fly through walls anymore.
- Fixed upgrading foundations with a hammer, which was messing up the collision system.
If you want to familiarize yourself with the full list of improvements in the new patch, I recommend you to visit this link.
At the very end it is also worth mentioning that until July 7 there is a discount on Steam, thanks to which those interested in Raft can purchase the game 15% cheaper.