author: Adrian Werner
Spider-Man 2 vs Spider-Man Remastered Comparison Video
An interesting video has appeared online, comparing Marvel's Spider-Man 2 with the first part - both in terms of graphics and some gameplay elements.
The biggest attraction of yesterday's PlayStation Showcase turned out to be the presentation of Marvel's Spider-Man 2, the continuation of the hit game by Insomniac Games. During the event, extensive gameplay from the project was shown.
The availability of lengthy gameplay footage allowed the ElAnalistaDeBits channel to prepare a video comparing the game with the original. The video enables us to see not only changes in graphics, but also in other elements, such as the architecture of the city.
Judging by this footage, Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will offer many changes, including:
- more detailed buildings;
- a higher level of detail and better lighting - this can be seen both in open spaces and in the interiors of buildings, where light is finally expected to stream in;
- the sequel also boasts better shadows - unlike the first part now even spider webs will cast them;
- vegetation is to react dynamically to wind, rather than being static as in the first game;
- new maneuvers will appear, making it easier to move around the city;
- the speed of rocking on spider webs will be increased;
- a big attraction should be the expansion of the map - the gameplay action takes place in Queens, among other places, which was not available in the first part.
All this looks promising, although the video also shows minor visual imperfections, which we hope will be corrected.
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 is heading exclusively for PlayStation 5. The devs are not ready to reveal a release date for now, but rumors suggest that the game may debut this September.