- Valheim has received patch 0.205.5, which adds new content to the swamp biome;
- Iron Gate has also shared teasers of upcoming updates;
- In addition, it's been revealed that while there's a chance of adding different difficulty levels, it's unlikely to happen as part of Early Access on Steam.
Although Valheim is no longer as popular as it was at the beginning of the year, the Nordic survival game by Iron Gate still attracts many players. The developers are constantly developing the game, as evidenced by yesterday's release of patch 0.205.5 on Steam.
The patch includes various fixes (for example, related to slumbering monsters, which did not wake up after being hit with ranged weapons), but also adds new content. There are new vermin in the swamps. Not only do these provide a new challenge for the Vikings - the materials they provide will enable us to craft another item (probably armor, which was also mentioned in announcement on Steam).
More for You:
- The Game Awards 2021 Nominations - Deathloop in the Lead, Cyberpunk 2077 has a Chance
- The Best Online Social Games for Playing With Friends
- 10 Indie Games That Outsold AAA Hits
The team at Iron Gate also shared plans for the future, though not much has been revealed at this point. Once again there was mention of more big updates coming to Valheim. Mistlands will introduce the eponymous fog-shrouded area, while the next, as yet untitled expansion will explore mountain caves.
Information about development plans for Valheim was also revealed during a recent Q&A session with the developers. Users on Reddit asked Iron Gate about various issues, both minor and very important. For example, we found out that Valheim may receive an option to change difficulty, although it is unlikely to happen before the debut of version 1.0. There is a possibility that the developers will prepare something for users looking for a greater challenge.
The release date of Mistlands was also mentioned (or rather, the lack thereof, because work on the update is still in progress), the balance of the ocean biome, alternative armor upgrades and plans related to the Yggdrasil tree.