Today, Microsoft released an early build of the 18334 update, for the time being available only for Windows Insider participants. It is of particular importance to players, as it focuses largely on improving features relevant to digital entertainment. The Redmond Giant has created its own system, desgined to make playing on Window 10 as enjoyable as possible, and the participants are expected to test it on the example of State of Decay 2 (which was made available to them for free for a limited period of time) and report any comments before the update is released to the general public. However, the number of registered users who will receive the game from Undead Labs for free is limited.
- Windows Insider preview of the Windows 10 build 18334 on the official Microsoft blog
In addition, the update is to make other fixes. The most important ones can be found below, and their full list (together with an overview of known bugs and problems) can be found here.
Some of the problems fixed in build 18334:
- issue resulting in a recent increase in taskbar icons becoming blank;
- issue where your cursor color and size settings wouldn’t persist upgrade;
- issue where the Cortana section of Settings was visible in regions where Cortana wasn’t supported;
- issue resulting in Shutdown and Restart options in Start’s power menu not showing up in a remote desktop session;
- issue where unzipping files would throw an error;
- two issues impacting the ability to adjust brightness in recent flights.