On the following page of the Songs of Conquest game guide, we have provided useful information on developing technologies and acquiring resources.
List of resources and their uses
You can see the resources and their income per turn in the upper right corner of the screen. If you hover your cursor over a resource, you will see its sources.
List of resources in Songs of Conquest:
- Gold - the basic resource, required for practically all transactions in the game;
- Stone - necessary for the construction of some basic buildings;
- Wood - necessary for the construction of many small to medium-sized buildings;
- Glimmerweave - used for erecting some of the more advanced buildings and developing technology;
- Ancient amber - is used in erecting advanced structures and in research;
- Celestial ore - is used to construct some medium to large buildings and to develop technology.
The most important resource in the game is gold. It contributes to the majority of transactions, whether it is building structures or recruiting units.
Stone and wood are the primary resources used to build and improve basic structures.
Glimmerweave, ancient amber and celestial ore find their use in the construction of mainly medium and large buildings. In addition, they are often used to develop new technologies. Rarely (though it does happen), small amounts of them are needed to recruit some strong units.
Sources of resources in Songs of Conquest:
- Detached resources - "piles" of various resources are scattered all over the map, it's enough to look around for them; most often they are guarded by an enemy, unfortunately they are disposable, after they are lifted they disappear permanently;
- Artifacts - some artifacts, when worn, will give you a passive bonus to one of the resources, but they are very rare;
- Wielders' skills - some wielders can get a skill that allows them to gain a passive bonus to some resource, but it is not profitable, it is better to spend this point on something related to fighting and reinforcing your units;
- Mines - the most profitable way to get resources is to acquire mines, unfortunately the enemy can seize them from you;
- Settlements - in settlements you can make sawmills and quarries, even some military buildings require these structures.
Technology & Research
Research in Songs of Conquest is divided intomilitary and economic. These are only available after the appropriate large buildings have been erected. You can find out more about building on a separate page in this guide: Building and developing settlements.
The research panel is invoked by a button located in the upper right corner of the screen, shaped like a meniscus. Under the "Research" header, you can switch between the tabs - military and economic. They are named after the buildings that must be erected to access them.
The combat section of the technology upgrades soldiers. If you have access to troops of more than one race, they will be separated here. You can increase the stats of your troops here.
In the economics tab, you will develop technologies related to obtaining passive income of raw materials. Also, you will increase the maximum limit of soldiers within a single unit here. For more details on army recruitment, please visit our separate page: Army Recruitment. As part of your economic research, you also have the chance to secure a passive essence (mana) bonus during battles - you will learn more about magic on a separate page: Wielders and spells.
Research is developed instantly, but there is a limited number of times you can "invest" in a technology (symbolized by the circles under the icons). In addition, they cost gold and special resources.