On this page of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt guide, you will find a list of the main endings related to the fate of the world . We explain how the game world can change depending on our previous actions. In addition, we have included information about the fate of Geralt after the game's finale.
Note - There are large spoilers about available campaign endings.
- The Witcher 3 endings - Game world
- Northern Realms - optional assassination of King Radovid
- Nilfgaard - Emperor Emhyr fate
- Skellige Islands - neutrality or change of attitude of the Skellige islands
- Geralt's fate
The Witcher 3 endings - Game world
Another aspect of game endings regards the game world. Geralt has great influence on it. There are four options related to rulers of various lands: Nilfgaard, Northern Realms and Skellige Islands. The last option shows the fate of Geralt after the story ends.
Northern Realms - optional assassination of King Radovid
There are three endings for Northern Realms, depending on who is to rule the country. They concern the possible assassination of King Radovid. This is the storyline that begins with the quest Redania's Most Wanted in Novigrad, which may end with the Reason of State quest from Final Preparations as part of the epilogue.
At the end of the game, the king can be:
- Radovid - For the current king to remain the ruler you must ignore his storyline
- Dijkstra - Sigimus can become the ruler. Sigismund. For that to happen, complete Radovid assassination quest line and after killing the king remain neutral (let Dijkstra kill Roche);
- Nilfgaard's rule - in this option Nilfgaard must win the war. To make that happen, after killing the king, ally yourself with Vernon Roche against Dijkstra.
Nilfgaard - Emperor Emhyr fate
There are two endings here, which are closely related to the previous point, i.e. who is the ruler of the Northern Kingdoms.
Whether Emhyr survives depends on who will win the war. If Nilfgaard, then Emhyr survives, otherwise Radovid or Dijkstra will rule.
Skellige Islands - neutrality or change of attitude of the Skellige islands
Skellige Islands up to now remained neutral side of the war conflict. You can change it or leave that state, depending on the decisions made during the King's Gambit side quest . This is one of the Kaer Trolde quests on Skellige.
- Cerys side - Skellige Islands remain neutral
- Hjalmar side - islands join forces against Nilfgaard
- Bran side (ignoring the quest King's Gambit) - rules on Skellige changes and civil war starts.
Geralt's fate is directly linked with the affairs in the game, more specific to affairs with Triss and Yennefer. Depending on which one of the sorceress you have chosen, Geralt's hsitory will change. Both options give a positive ending. Of course you can try to have them both... but it's an option that ends with negative ending and the hero remains alone.
More information about Geralt's love conquests is available in a separate chapter of Romances and Love Scenes .