- Windows 10 update marked 20H1 will be released on May 26.
- One of the key novelties is support for DirectX12 Ultimate.
Microsoft officially announced the May update of Windows 10 marked 20H1. It will be released in stages, starting from May 26 and will bring a lot of changes, novelties and improvements.
Something new for everyone
As we can read in a note prepared by Microsoft, after the update, Windows 10 will support DirectX 12 Ultimate and its most important features such as DirectX Raytracing 1.1, Mesh Shader and Sampler Feedback.
Xbox Game Bar will also get a small upgrade in the May update. Among other things, there will be an FPS counter and a special overlay enabling us to easily follow our game achievements.
The 20H1 update will be a very large pack. Especially noteworthy changes are:
- Optimization of Windows Search service, which is to be less burdensome for the hard drive.
- Possibility to log in using a PIN in secure boot mode.
- GPU temperature will be displayed in the task manager.
- Improved device pairing devices via Bluetooth.
- System installation using files downloaded from Microsoft's repositories.
- Expansion of the Internet status panel.
- Introduction of Windows Subsystem for Linux 2.
These are obviously not all the changes that will be available in the coming weeks. You can find a full list in the entry on Microsoft's website.