Yesterday, CD Project RED released the long-awaited patch 1.6 for Cyberpunk 2077. The update introduced a number of changes - not as big as patch 1.5, but large enough to interest players and fans. We decided to take a look at the reception these new features were met with.
The game's official YouTube channel published three videos on the changes yesterday. Admittedly, the website has been hiding the thumbs down votes for some time, displaying only the number of positive ratings, but this can be circumvented with plugins. The ratings - at the time of writing - speak for themselves.
Number of positive reactions:
Number of negative reactions:
Reddit and Twitter
The situation is similar on Reddit and Twitter in threads dedicated to Cyberpunk 2077. The community is mostly positive about the changes, especially elements such as:
- announcement of a complete overhaul of the police system;
- performance mode frame rate increase for Xbox Series S;
- addition of a "cross-progression" mode - a feature that allows for stats to be transferred between platforms;
- addition of an option to change the appearance of characters at ripperdoc's;
- adding the ability to save six outfits and change them during the game.
Lots of small improvements
The update also introduced a lot of smaller changes to the game, which the developers listed in the patch notes or found by community itself.
- new mini-game "Roach Race" dedicated to the horse from the Witcher series.;
- new weapons to buy and find;
- new vehicle;
- ability to set sleep time;
- ability to pose in photo mode;
- ability to take pictures with Nibbels the cat..
The update mainly improved many aspects of the game, but it also added new bugs and imperfections that are related to the new changes.
- The change of appearance at ripperdoc's applies to almost every aspect of the body (e.g. hair, scars, skin color) except for tattoos. This has not yet been explained by the developers, but the decision seems strange.
- The update in some cases is impossible to install (it freezes when installing or downloading).
- In the case of the PlayStation 5 console optimization has suffered a bit. Many players complain about unstable performance, which fluctuates between 45-60 frames. The solution, for the time being, is to choose the performance mode.
- One of the slot machines for the new game "Roach Race" rotates the character player from vertical to horizontal.
Story DLC that divided the community
Last night, CD Project RED also published the long-awaited trailer for the story expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 called Phantom Liberty. It will offer new missions, in which we will meet Johnny Silverhand, among other characters. The developer also confirmed that this is the only paid expansion for the game in the plans. The DLC will come only to PC and next-gen consoles - PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X. The release is scheduled for 2023.
The announcement of the expansion divided players into two camps. Most are pleased, as can be confirmed by the number of more than 60,000 thumbs up and only 2,800 thumbs down under the trailer on YouTube. The other side seems to be dissatisfied. No wonder - PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners will have to do without, as CD Project RED has no plans to release the DLC on these consoles. Many players feelcheated, especially since the last-gen consoles will no longer receive further support in the form of major updates in the future. However, this is not the end of the troubles.
The new announcement has even become a thorn in the side of the most loyal fans - those who decided to purchase the limited edition of the Xbox One X console. CD Project RED, despite numerous apologies for the poor condition of the game and numerous promises about plans to fix it, apparently decided to focus on the latest hardware, leaving alone players who simply wanted to play the latest expansion.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review - Samurai, You've Got a Great RPG to Play!
- Cyberpunk 2077 - game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 - official website