- Death Stranding earned nearly 27 million dollars on PC;
- Hideo Kojima's game thus surpassed the earnings of last year's Control;
- The profits were generated across only six months.
Death Stranding turned out to be 505 Games' biggest sales hit last year. The British publisher issued a report according to which Hideo Kojima's game generated revenue of almost 27 million dollars (23 million euros). This figure refers only to the PC version. It is worth mentioning that it was achieved despite the fact that the game's release on the platform took place in July. A good result, however, was to be expected. As we reported last year after the launch of Death Stranding on Steam, the game enjoyed enormous popularity.
Kojima's latest game surpassed in sales on PC among others Control, which also scored a very good result. However, Remedy Entertainment's title had the opportunity to record a large number of copies sold back in 2019, which was impossible for Death Stranding.
The 106 million revenue score proves that the decision to release the game beyond PlayStation was the right one. Also working in its favor are the reviews of the PC version, which turned out to be very positive. The exception was a short episode of "review bombing" on Metacritic. Ultimately, however, it did not affect the game's success.
- Death Stranding - official website
- 505 Games - official homepage
- Death Stranding - game guide
- Death Stranding Review – A Long Walk with Kojima