There are many indications that the rumors about the cancelation of this year's E3 are not true.
Rumors about E3 2022 - basic information
This January, there were suggestions that this year's E3 would be canceled. Recent reports, however, suggest otherwise.
- According to new rumors, this year's E3 will take place, but once again only in virtual form.
- The source of this information is the reputable leaker Tom Henderson.
- Henderson is referring to emails that were sent out to developers by the ESRB, the US age rating agency.
- The emails allegedly confirm the virtual form of this year's E3.
- The fact that the emails were sent suggests that an official announcement of the fair will be made soon.
Recall that in January, the group organizing the event, Entertainment Software Association (ESA), said that in 2022 there will be no physical edition of the fair, but at the same time refused to confirm the virtual edition would take place. As a result, speculation began that E3 2022 could not be held at all.
It is worth noting that Germany intends to take a different direction. Yesterday it was announced that this year's edition of gamescom will be held in a physical form (although it will also be accompanied by online events).
- E3 - official website