- As of today, Fortnite offers a rendering mode for owners of old PCs.
- Its activation doubles the performance.
From today, Fortnite offers a new graphic mode for people with weaker PCs. Epic Games promises double the frame rate when using the new rendering mode.
The new rendering mode has been implemented in two game modes - Creative and Battle Royale. If you have an older PC, the game will suggest you turn it on. Otherwise, you can activate it in the graphic options (see the screenshot below).
There is also the option to uninstall high-resolution textures, which will free up about 14 GB of space on our disks. We can do it as follows:
- Open Epic Games app;
- Click the Library;
- Select Fortnite and click on the three dots below the game's logo;
- Select the options and uncheck the "use high-resolution textures" box.
Removing all optional modules will reduce Fortnite's size to 17 GB. The game, using the new graphics setting without high-resolution textures and with 720p rendering, looks as follows.
According to tests carried out by Epic Games, the new rendering method doubles the game's performance (tests were done in 720p).
CPU: Intel i5-8265U 1.60 GHz
CPU: AMD A10-5745M APU 2.1 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Memory: 6 GB RAM
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620
GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8610G
Performance without new mode: 24 fps
Performance without new mode: 18 fps
Performance with new mode: 61 fps
Performance with new mode: 45 fps
- Fortnite - official website
- Fortnite: Battle Royale - game guide