Nintendo has accumulated a lot of fans over the years. As you can see in the quarterly financial report published on August 5, the corporation is doing really well, even though sales results are worse than in the same period last year. The documents show that 89.04 million Nintendo Switch consoles have been sold by June 21, 2021. Interestingly, of that number only 15.84 million units are Nintendo Switch Lite - the cheaper version of the console. In the recently closed quarter, a total of 4.45 million units of both versions of the device were sold.
In another document, we can read how the latest games of the Japanese company have sold recently. New Pokémon Snap, released on April 30 this year, has already been bought 2.07 million times, and Mario Golf: Super Rush released on June 25, 2021, has reached 1.34 million users.
A list of the best-selling games in the console's history has also been released. The results are as follows:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 37.08 million copies
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 33.89 million copies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 24.77 million copies
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 23.20 million copies
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield - 21.85 million copies
- Super Mario Odyssey - 21.40 million copies
- Super Mario Party - 15.72 million copies
- Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! - 13.57 million copies
- Splatoon 2 - 12.45 million copies
- Ring Fit Adventure - 11.26 million copies
Despite the slightly worse period, the company is still doing very well. Are you rooting for Nintendo on its way to more success?
- Nintendo - official website
- Nintendo Employee on Switch OLED: Don't Buy If You Don't Need a New Display