- Windows 11 will be available for download starting October 5, 2021;
- Users of previous versions of Microsoft's operating system will be able to take advantage of the free upgrade to install the new system;
- Windows 11 will be coming to all Microsoft-supported PCs by mid-2022.
A major announcement was published on the Windows blog today, including a release date for the new version of Microsoft's OS. Windows 11 in the form of a free patch will become available for download on October 5, 2021. All Windows 10 users (Windows 7 as well) will be able to take advantage of the update. From that day PCs with preinstalled Windows 11 will begin to appear on store shelves. According to the company, the new Windows will help to increase the creativity and productivity of PC owners.
Microsoft has announced that by the middle of 2022 a free update to Windows 11 will be delivered to all devices supported by the corporation. If you are interested in installing it, you can check the "Update and Security" tab in the system settings if the upcoming software will also be coming to your PC.
We have already written about Windows 11 many times on our website. We encourage you to read the previous news on the topic.
- Windows 11 Can Also be Installed on a Weaker PC
- Windows 11 Has Positive Reviews and Problematic Requirements
- Windows 11 Will Give Users 10 Days to Roll Back to Previous OS
- Windows 11 Insider Dev Versions to be More Unstable
- Windows 11 Will Make it Harder to Change Your Default Browser
- Microsoft Will Prevent Bypassing Windows 11's Minimum Requirements