We learned the offer of the Xbox Game Pass service for the second half of September 2021. This time we get mostly new titles, only two games released last year (Superliminal and Phoenix Point). Of the thirteen titles presented as many as eight will appear in the service on the day of their release.
Additionally Xbox App for Windows 10 received an update that enables us to stream games from consoles and the cloud to the screen of our PC. This will enable the owners of weaker configurations to enjoy all of the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offerings, even without installing games in case of titles available in the cloud.
For the first time, Xbox users will be able to play the turn-based strategy game Phoenix Point from the devs of the X-COM series. There will also be Aragami 2 - the next installment of the warmly received stealth game from 2016. Fans of survival games will surely enjoy Subnautica: Below Zero.
Platformers will be represented by Flynn: Son of Crimson with its charming 2D graphics, the crazy I Am Fish and the narrative-focused Lost Words: Beyond the Page.
Open world and exploration in original Moebius-inspired visuals will be provided by Sable. Next up is the warmly received Tainted Grail: Conquest - an interesting combination of a card game and RPG in dark fantasy vibes. Lemnis Gate in turn is a unique team FPS, in which the game is divided into 25-second rounds.
Astria Ascending is a proposal for fans of classic 2D jRPG. There's also the retro metroidvania game Unsighted. Birds riding on skateboards? Only in SkateBIRD.
Xbox Game Pass in the second half of September:
- Flynn: Son of Crimson (PC, consoles, cloud) - September 15 (premiere)
- I Am Fish (PC, consoles, cloud) - September 16 (premiere)
- SkateBird (PC, consoles, cloud) - September 16 (premiere)
- Superliminal (PC, consoles, cloud) - September 16
- Aragami 2 (PC, consoles, cloud) - September 17 (premiere)
- Lost Words: Beyond the Page (PC, consoles, cloud) - September 23
- Sable (PC, consoles, cloud) - September 23 (premiere)
- Subnautica: Below Zero (PC, consoles, cloud) - September 23
- Tainted Grail: Conquest (PC) - September 23
- Lemnis Gate (PC, consoles) - September 28 (premiere)
- Astria Ascending (PC, consoles, cloud) - September 30 (premiere)
- Unsighted (PC, consoles) - September 30 (premiere)
- Phoenix Point (consoles) - October 1
As of September 30, the following games will be removed from the service:
- Drake Hollow (PC, consoles, cloud)
- Ikenfell (PC, consoles, cloud)
- Night in the Woods (PC, consoles, cloud)
- Kathy Rain (PC)
- Warhammer: Vermintide II (consoles, cloud)
Games with added cloud touchscreen support (Xbox Game Pass Ultimate):
- Blinx: The Time Sweeper
- Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
- Cris Tales
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
- Halo Wars 2
- Last Stop
- Raji: An Ancient Epic
- The Medium
- Tropico 6