author: Przemyslaw Zamecki
Ultimate List of the Very Best PS4 Games
PlayStation 4 has received hundreds of games over the last seven years. Our editors have selected sixteen greatest PS4 video games, including exclusives, that you should play - no matter who you are.
Over the more than nine years that have passed since the debut of this console, PlayStation 4 has seen hundreds of games, and we can now summarize that generation.
After a long and good life, the PS4 is heading for retirement to make room for the PS5. While this is the last phase before the retirement of current-gen, some fantastic games are still being released which make the PS4 a platform that will be remembered for a long time. Especially when it comes to Sony exclusives, because a significant part of those released in recent years have really been great.
Best games on PS4 | TOP games
- Persona 5 – Japanese RPG with demons;
- Elden Ring – the first soulslike with an open world;
- Horizon Forbidden West – the perfect sequel
- Final Fantasy XV – jRPG and open world;
- Ratchet & Clank – a game for older and younger players;
- GTA 5 – the legendary game lives on thanks to GTA Online;
- The Last of Us Remastered – a hit from the creators of Uncharted;
- Bloodborne – a strong PS4 exclusive;
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – one of the best RPGs;
- NieR: Automata – Action RPG with numerous arcade and shooter sections;
- Ghost of Tsushima – historical sandbox;
- Marvel's Spider-Man – the best Spider-Man game;
- Horizon Zero Dawn – a beautiful open-world game;
- God of War – an action game with a great story;
- Uncharted 4 – one of the best PS4 games in our opinion;
- The Last of Us 2 – a brutal and exciting game by Naughty Dog;
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – an insanely detailed western that won the hearts of gamers.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake – a more beautiful and dynamic version of the classic
A new title hit the list, which is Resident Evil 4 Remake. The original version of this article was written in 2018. Since then, we've updated it multiple times.
- Genre: jRPG in which you fight against demons
- Worth playing if: you fancy an out-of-town jRPG
- Don't play it, because: you may dislike the Japanese highschool theme
- Similar games: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Persona 5 is a fantastic and addictive jRPG game. However, its Japanese roots may be hard to swallow for those people who aren't fond of typical visual artistic styles which derive from the cherry blossom country. Even despite the aforementioned issue, the game is good enough to satisfy even hardcore western-style RPG fans, proving that the manga-painted devil is not as dreadful as they may think.
The action takes place in contemporary Tokyo, in which travels between different surrealistic dimensions are as simple as the Wingardium Leviosa spell known from the Harry Potter franchise. In addition, the high-school reality is omnipresent, which may cause a painful headache, especially among players who have completed Gothic or TES games many times.
Anyway, the hero is not a sweet teenager, but rather a rebellious badass who is considered as a troublemaker by the local police. Perhaps such a description will encourage you to give this title a try. Particularly because it offers a decent turn-based combat system, so you won't break any of your fingers.