Puppet of the Future is a huge optional boss that can be found in the lower part of the Workshop Union Entrance location. Despite its large size, the greatest threat is the arena - its floor is covered in green goo that inflicts the Corruption status. In our description of the fight with the Puppet of the Future in Lies of P, you will find useful tips on how to defeat it and how to deal with the negative status.
- Where to find the Puppet of the Future?
- How to get rid of the Corruption status in the arena?
- How to fight the Puppet of the Future?
Where to find the Puppet of the Future?
There is a corridor to the left of the Workshop Union Entrance location (chapter III). At its end, on the left, you will notice a ladder that will lead you straight to the arena where you will fight the Puppet of the Future. He will be patrolling the area, so the fight may not start immediately.
How to get rid of the Corruption status in the arena?
You have three options:
- Get rid of the goo in the arena - this requires you to ignore the boss for now. While exploring the area, you will reach the second location in chapter III, namely the Workshop Union Culvert. There, on the left side of the culvert, you will find a lever. This will make the goo disappear from the ground.
- Use ampoules - if you want to defeat the boss immediately, you can fight him while using ampoules; items that strengthen resistance against negative statuses and remove them. Stock up on Attribute Purification Ampoules and Attribute Resistance Ampoules. Use the first one when the Corruption bar fills up, and the second one before the fight to increase your resistance to this status.
- Fight on the sides of the arena - if you haven't found the lever and you don't have any of the ampoules, you can, after entering the arena, look for places that are not covered with goo. There are a few of them, but they are very small - they are usually on the sides of the arena. This makes the fight with the boss significantly harder, but possible to win. Thanks to this solution, your HP will not decrease over time.
How to fight the Puppet of the Future?
First of all, we recommend purchasing ampoules that will eliminate the Corruption and Shock statuses. Both are applied on the arena or when you get hit by the boss.
Shock causes your stamina to recover much slower, while Corruption causes your HP to constantly drop.
Due to its size, the Puppet of the Future is very slow. Most of its attacks can be easily dodged by simply sprinting, which we highly recommend as dodging may not be enough. Its attacks have a large range, so you can still get hit if you rely only on this defensive maneuver.
Your main tactic should be to get as close to the boss's legs as possible. Thanks to this, most of its attacks will miss you. Moreover, attacking it elsewhere will cause your weapon to rebound and inflict minor damage.
However, if you stand under it for too long, it will lean on its arms, raise its legs and hit the ground, creating a shockwave over a small area. Then back away from the boss and attack when it is standing again.
Puppet of the Future will also often stomp with one foot and then the other. When this happens, run to the one leg that is not currently being used to attack and begin your offensive. Do the same when the boss attacks with the next leg.
The boss can also perform a spinning attack from time to time, which will create a shockwave. Moreover, its hands, also attacks when they rotate. It's a good idea to get under it to avoid getting hurt.
We strongly recommend not to block its attacks, because they deal a lot of damage and inflict the shock status. A much better solution will be using the sprint - the boss's movements are very slow. Also remember to control negative statuses. If any bar fills up, use the ampoule.
For defeating the Puppet of the Future, you will receive 4768 Ergo, Quartz and Radiant Ergo Fragment. Moreover, at the very end of the arena there is a chest with a Booster Glaive Handle and a Booster Glaive Blade.