author: Adrian Werner
500 Players Have Been Building City in Minecraft for 11 Years; It Looks Like the Real Thing
The creators of the Greenfield project have boasted of their achievements. It's a large virtual city built in Minecraft, on which more than 500 people have worked for eleven years.
From time to time we write about interesting fan creations in Minecraft. However, few of them look as impressive as the huge virtual city of Greenfield. Despite the fact that it was built from blocks, screenshots taken from a height present the metropolis almost like the real thing.
The largest city in Minecraft
The authors claim that it is the largest city built in Minecraft.
- Greenfield's construction has been underway for more than 11 years. It took 2.5 years to construct the virtual airport alone.
- More than 500 people have worked on the project so far.
- To appreciate the scale of the project, take a peek at its interactive map.
- The city is all the more impressive because all buildings have interiors.
- Greenfield currently occupies about 3.5 GB of disk space.
- The latest version of the project is numbered 0.5.4, so the authors still have a ton of work ahead of them before they fully realize their vision.
The involvement of several hundred people in the project means, of course, that there must have been players among them trying to destroy the work of others. However, the authors' servers have scripts to undo changes to the map, so all damage can be quickly repaired. On top of that, at the current stage of work, the developers can afford to be very picky about the selection of helpers, so such situations are rare.
If you want to check out this project for yourself, then Greenfield can be downloaded from official website or from Planet Minecraft.
- Greenfield map
- Greenfield project - official website
More for You: